We will be hosting Maker Camp Week I at the Cultural Alliance (727 Pine Street in Long Beach) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Friday will be from 11:00 to noon.
No need to register in advance. We will have one or two demonstration models, but please bring supplies for your child (see below), if you want to ensure small groups. $5.00 donation for facilities suggested.
- 1/2 liter plastic soda or water bottle (2)
- Two Liter Plastic Soda Bottle (1)
- Wooden Sticks (10″ – 14″ long), “Chop” sticks or simiar thin wooden dowels will work. (2)
- Plastic food lids, or other sheet plastic, The plastic lids from coffee cans or certain ice creams are perfect (2) Need enough area to cut two rectagles each with one side just smaller than the diameter of the two liter bottle, and the other side about 3/4″ longer.
- Rubber Bands, Large enough to span the diameter of the soda bottle, and rigid enough to wide up and provide drive. (2)
- Tape, Duct, or other reasonably waterproof tape (1)
- Modeling clay (1) for ballast
- Business card (1) or stiff paperstock
- Cellophane tape (1)
- Helium (1) enough to fill one balloon for every blimp
- Ballons, 9′, helium-quality (2)
- Drinking straws, 10′ long, .235′ diameter (2)
Dremel Rotary Tool cut-off wheel, 180- and 280-grit abrasive buffs, aluminum oxide grinding stone, and 1/8″ drill bit
Aluminum 16oz. beverage bottle
Hose clamps (2)
Plastic gift card (depleted)
#8 screw (1) with nuts (2) and washer (1)
Pop rivet gun with 1/8″ short aluminum rivets
No materials needed. Virtual Field Trip.